STORY – 0
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 4/5
1) Lovechild of “V for Vendetta” & “Fight Club”
2) Plot twists revealing psychological state of main protagonist
3) Christian Slater
4) Realistic approach to hacking
1) First few episodes were just great but later episodes including the climax was a let down.
2) Martin Wallström as Tyrell Wellick : discount american psycho
3) It’s a Fight Club rip-off
Edward Alderson : Is any of it real? I mean look at this. Look at it. A world built on fantasy.Synthetic emotions in the form of pills. Psychological warfare in the form of advertising. Mind-altering chemicals in the form of food. Brainwashing seminars in the form of media. Controlled isolated bubbles in the form of social networks.
You wanna talk about reality? We haven’t lived in anything remotely close to it since the turn of the century.Turn it off, take out the batteries.Digital displays, hypnotizing us into the biggest slumber mankind has ever seen.You’d have to dig pretty deep, kiddo, before you can find anything real.