STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/4
1) This movie is a crash course on the Iranian Revolution
2) Black-and-white animation kept the feel of reading a graphic novel.
3) A great blend of historical facts from one person’s POV.
4) Emotional and funny at the same time.
5) The defiant character of Marjane’s grandmother.
Marjane: I remember I led a peaceful, uneventful life as a little girl. I loved fries with ketchup, Bruce Lee was my hero, I wore Adidas sneakers and had two obsessions: Shaving my legs one day and being the last prophet of the galaxy.