STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/5
1) A must watch kung-fu classic from Shaw Brothers. For any kung-fu movie aficionado, this should be the first movie on the watchlist.
2) The training choreography is realistic and extremely rigorous. The chambers are so severe that audiences will feel the burn of the training drill.
3) The back story of tyrannical Tartars helps in developing a strong retribution plot.
1) While Shaolin training remains the core of the movie, it doesn’t get much time for San Te avenging the injustice.
2) Absence of a strong prime-villain
Officer: You’re a Buddhist, show mercy.
San Te: Even Buddha has to conquer evil.