STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 0
ACTOR – n/a
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 3/4
1) Exposing the fact that Top Financial Services CEOs are nothing but crime bosses without the gun.
2) “It’s a Wallstreet Govt.”
3) Dangerous incentives lead to the crisis: Incentive structures generated huge cash bonuses based on short-term profits but imposed no penalties for later losses. These incentives encouraged bankers to take risks that might eventually destroy their own firms or even the entire financial system.
1) Complicated for someone with less knowledge of market/banking and jargons. A second viewing is required.
2) Michael Moore ruined it for everyone.
Andrew Sheng: Why should a financial engineer be paid four times to 100 times more than a real engineer? A real engineer builds bridges. A financial engineer builds dreams. And, you know, when those dreams turn out to be nightmares, other people pay for it.