STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) A father trying a make a work-life balance after his wife abandoned him and his child all of a sudden after 8-yrs of marriage.
2) Dustin Hoffman’s performance as the father stands out. Audiences will sympathize more with his character as he got more screen-time as compared to his estranged wife.
3) This movie will get divided opinions depending on the gender and perspective of the audience.
1) The story and screenplay are little biased towards the husband and demonizes the wife.
2) This child-custody story is over-rated. The courtroom drama is hardly 10 minutes long.
Margaret Phelps: Joanna is a very unhappy woman and it took a lot of courage to walk out this door.
Ted Kramer: How much courage does it take to walk out on your kid?