STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) Another psychological thriller studying paranoia in isolation.
2) Both actors justifed their role of two lighthouse keepers with questionable past and dubious personalities.
3) Shot in Black&White in the Movietone ratio gives a certain weight to the entire movie.
4) After The Witch (2015), its Robert Eggers second project and we are sure to expect better from him in this genre.
1) A pretentious plot with an ambiguous climax.
Should pale death, with treble dread, make the ocean caves our bed, God who hears the surges roll deign to save our suppliant soul.