STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 5/5
1) The love story of an alpha-male surgeon with major anger management issues. The character of Arjun Reddy is the embodiment of the ultimate Indian male fantasy. Self-destructive characters which come close to this are Radhe Mohan from Tere Naam (2003) and Dev from Dev.D (2009)
2) The primary theme is heavily inspired by Devdas but with more character study.
3) Sumanasa Vandita by Bombay S.Jayashri
4) The realistic approach to the medical profession.
1) The third act of the movie is clearly inspired by Flight (2012).
2) 186 minutes of running time. The movie is criminally long. The final hour is stretched to its limit.
3) The happy ending climax goes completely against the built up.
“Suffering is very personal, let him suffer!”