STORY – 0
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 0
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 3/5
1) Music and Cinematography – Top notch! Hans Zimmer’s music will keep you on edge of your seat throughout the movie.
2) Opening ambush scene – Open matte.
3) “We shall fight on the beaches”.
1) Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy – meaningless roles. While one is shell-shocked in a boat doing nothing, the other’s face was shown 2 times in the entire film
2) There are claims that Atonement‘s one-track-shot of Dunkirk is better than this entire movie – well those are not entirely wrong. The emotion captured in that 5-minutes scene is way strong and captivating than this entire 100 million adventure.
3) No doubt there are few great moments in the movie but the movie as a whole is like a war documentary with unknown nameless characters.
Captain Winnant: What do you see?
Commander Bolton: Home.