STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/5
1) A group of strangers from different strata of society, traveling from Tonto to Lordsburg, fighting Indians led by Geronimo and also their prejudices.
2) Some groundbreaking cinematography and chase sequences for a 1939 movie.
3) John Ford gave John Wayne possibly one of the best entrance in cinematic history.
4) A pivotal movie in terms screenplay and character development. We can see it’s influence all over western movies.
1) While the movie began as a moral story of social prejudice among strangers, it ended with a cliched shootout.
Dallas: Doc, haven’t I any right to live? What have I done?
Dr. Boone: We’re the victims of a foul disease called social prejudice, my child.