STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/5
1) A lonely man sacrificing his personal life and comfort in order to climb the corporate ladder until he had enough of it.
2) A romantic story of two broken people.
3) Billy Wilder’s crisp writing and tight screenplay without any boring sub-plot.
4) All in all, it’s a Jack Lemmon’s show playing the lovable and pitiful character of C.C. Baxter.
1) Ruined by unofficial Bollywood remakes like Raaste Kaa Patthar (1972) & Yes Boss (1997).
C.C. Baxter: Ya know, I used to live like Robinson Crusoe; I mean, shipwrecked among 8 million people. And then one day I saw a footprint in the sand, and there you were.