STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) Meal Ticket – Liam Neeson as the cold-hearted impresario and Harry Melling as the limbless artist stole the show in this wintry tale.
2) The Gal Who Got Rattled – The sorrowful end of a budding love story.
3) All Gold Canyon – An uplifting climax of a Gold Miner.
1) Anthology movies are destined to be doomed. Coen Bros being great writers themselves used a small collection of their short-stories and developed this project for Netflix. Interestingly, the story of a dybbuk which was already used in a prologue of their 2009 released A Serious Man belongs to this project.
2) Buster Scruggs – The most lifeless story.
Trapper: Well, I’m not an enemy of betterment, but I’m kept very busy with my traps.