STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 5/5
1) Varun Dhawan’s best role to date. Sriram Raghavan is undisputedly the king of neo-noir in Bollywood.
2) An epic level revenge drama spanning two-decades.
3) Great cast, fast and bold screenplay. Performances of Radhika Apte and Nawaz stands out.
4) Songs: “Judaai” & “Jeena Jeena”
1) The plot explores the psychological aspect of revenge where a victim becomes a remorseless perpetrator himself in the rage. That’s where the climactic scene between Jhimli & Raghu fails. It was supposed to sum up the entire movie with subtle expressions and apt music, but it failed.
2) Kumud Mishra as the Inspector is a terrible miscast. His characters’ final meltdown with Laik was supposed to be epic.
Police : naav kay tujhe?
Raghu : Raghu.
Police : ghetli kaay ?
Raghu : Murder keli.