STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
1) Visually the movie is a treat. The colors, the location, cinematography, and characters are amazing. It’s a story of a boy living secretly alone in a Paris railway station trying to decypher his late father’s automaton.
2) Christopher Lee’s presence in any movie makes it special.
3) Sacha Baron Cohen as Inspector Gustave is the most well written and lovable character in this movie.
4) Georges Méliès’s movie A Trip to the Moon (1902) is a significant element of the plot.
1) It’s a type of movie one would expect from Steven Spielberg not Martin Scorsese.
Hugo Cabret: Maybe that’s why a broken machine always makes me a little sad because it isn’t able to do what it was meant to do… Maybe it’s the same with people. If you lose your purpose… it’s like you’re broken.