STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) A decent adaptation of William Shakespeare’s play Macbeth.
2) A Scottish general murders his King after getting instigated from his ambitious wife following a prophecy from a mysterious trio of witches. The film encapsulates the tyrannous advent and downfall of the power-hungry warrior committing murder after murder of his close aides to save his throne.
3) The battle sequences are worth watching.
1) An underwhelming performance by Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth.
2) Shakespearean English is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Macbeth: Then comes my fit again. I had else been perfect, whole as the marble, founded as the rock, as broad and general as the casing air. But now I am cabined, cribbed, confined, bound into saucy doubts and fears.