STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/5
1) The huge production value for an almost unadaptable novel from Joseph Heller. It’s the Apocalypse Now (1979) of black-comedy.
2) Great ensemble of actors including Alan Arkin, Jon Voight, Anthony Perkins, Martin Balsam, and a cameo from the legend Orson Welles.
3) The wise old man in whorehouse.
4) Exceptional cinematography and editing.
5) Milo Minderbinder: the embodiment of capitalism mashed with Nazi ideology.
6) Bob Newhart as the reluctant bumbling Major Major
1) Needed a better screenplay to keep the audiences hooked.
1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: What’s good for M & M Enterprises will be good for the country.