STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) Tom Riddle aka Lord Voldemort divided his soul into seven pieces by creating Horcruxes. Dumbledore deploys Harry to figure out this hidden secret from the Potions professor Horace Slughorn. The major chunk of the movie is spent in this plot.
2) Severus Snape, the title character, the man torn between two vows.
3) Death of another major character [Albus Dumbledore].
1) Ron Weasley‘s romantic sub-plot with an overly attached girl-friend was completely futile.
2) No major battle sequences and neither any appearance from Voldemort. Without much action, the 153-minute run-time is a drag.
3) One can understand that the story is getting thematically darker but at the same time, the director shouldn’t make it “literally” dark up to an extent where it’s impossible to figure out what’s happening. The lighting in the film is so annoyingly dark that hardly anything is visible.
Professor Minerva: Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?
Ron Weasley: Believe me, Professor. I’ve been asking myself the same question for six years.