STORY – 0
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 2/5
1) Ep# 7: “Lions of Mirzapur” – Best episode of the series.
2) Geographical tour of Purvanchal for the uninitiated.
3) A good ensemble of actors.
1) If this show would have released before Gangs Of Wasseypur and Sacred Games, this probably would’ve been a success. But this genre belongs to Anurag Kashyap and his team, and he already raised the bar too high for any run-of-the-mill copy.
2) Shallow characters and soulless plot. Entire Rasika Dugal’s plot seems forcefully shoved for cheap thrills.
3) Pankaj Tripathi is now seriously typecasted in this role. Just like in Gurgaon (2017), his performance is mediocre.
“jab aadmi ko izzat ki ummeed na ho,aur wo mil jaye, to uski loyalty dus guna badh jaati hai.”