STORY – 0
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 2/5
1) A movie exploring the ups and downs in a mother-daughter relationship over a span of 30 years.
2) Jack Nicholson as Garrett Breedlove provides some comic relief as the flamboyant and lecherous retired astronaut.
3) Shirley MacLaine as Aurora is the cornerstone of this movie. Indeed an Oscar-worthy performance.
1) A sappy family drama with its fair share of infidelity, melodrama, and cancer.
2) A 2-hrs long boring movie without any reason to rewatch.
Garrett: Do you want to know what bothers me? None of us ever got together in one room, locked all the doors, and compared notes on the experience. I think there was a rule we had to pretend that it wasn’t the fun that it was.