STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 5/5
1) A cinematic triumph.The way an ordinary story is executed breaking 4 language barriers on celluloid is a matter of study.
2) Powerful screenplay – addressed GIANT socio-political issues with the unadulterated simplicity of court proceedings while each sub-plot highlights the people linked with the case.
3) Unique and brave cinematography – most of the scenes are single-take with the camera at a single steady position.
4) Chaitanya Tamhane pulled a miracle from non-professional actors and almost unknown cast.
5) Folk songs with political overtones are also a highlight of this movie.
Vinay: Sir, Where is the bomb?