STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 5/5
1) A Hitchcockian movie not directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It has all the elements of a stage play as seen in Dial M for Murder (1954), Rope (1948), and Rear Window (1954).
2) A blind woman turning the tables against her adversary by embracing her greatest shortcoming. Watching Audrey Hepburn playing the damsel in distress was a delight.
3) The cinematography without lights put the audiences right in the middle of the action.
4) Alan Arkin (with “Geraldine“) as a cold-blooded hitman giving Anton Chigurh a run for his money.
5) Presence of Julie Herrod as Gloria, the adventure-loving audacious girl next door gave a very Nancy Drew touch to the story.
Susy Hendrix: As soon as your safe, I’ll call the police.
Gloria: Okay. Gee, I wish something like this would happen every day…