STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 3/5
1) A story of two hitmen brothers, poles apart with conflicting personalities caught up in the California Gold Rush.
2) Hermann Warm‘s formula. I wasn’t expecting it to work. Moreover, the entire “phalanstery project” appeared as a scam.
3) A very fulfilling climax with both brothers returning home.
4) John C. Reilly as Eli Sisters is clearly one notch above every other actor in this movie.
1) What is the central plot? The gold rush, Eli Sisters‘ reluctance or Charlie Sisters‘ greed? Whatever it was, it achieved nothing spectacular when the credit rolled.
Charlie Sisters: You do realize that our father was stark raving mad and we got his foul blood in our veins? That was his gift to us. That blood is why we’re good at what we do.
Eli Sisters: Our father drank, Charlie.
Charlie Sisters: Touché.