STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
VERDICT – 4/4
1) In a post-apocalyptic world filled with poisonous forest swarming with giant mutant insects, two kingdom fight for a “Giant Warrior“, while the main protagonist Princess Nausicaä of Valley of the Wind tries to find a way for giant insects and humans to co-exist.
2) Hayao Miyazaki’s mesmerizing world of creatures with magical powers, and mankind with steampunk technology.
3) An epic storyline heightened by great animation.
4) The prophetic glider-riding hero of the story, Nausicaä herself is a giant character.
5) Nausicaä opening theme – Kaze no Tani no Naushika.
Nausicaä: You must not burn down the toxic jungle! You should have left the giant warrior beneath the earth!… Asbel, tell them how the jungle evolved and how the insects are guarding it so we won’t pollute the earth again. Asbel, please!