STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 5/5
1) A coming-of-age teenage drama where 5 teenagers spent a Saturday together and rediscover themselves. A must watch from John Hughes.
2) Natural performance from all actors.
3) Quintessential 80s soundtrack with some great sound-mixing. Closing credit: Don’t You (Forget About Me)
4) Minimal cast and single-day story.
1) This movie is to be watched at a certain age to feel the essence of it. For a grown adult, the movie is of little consequences and influence.
Andrew: We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.