STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 1
ACTOR – 1
MUSIC – 1
CULT – 1
Verdict – 5/5
1) Eerie soundtrack and cinematography along with signature dead-pan dialogue delivery from lead actors.
2) Yorgos Lanthimos truly inherited the legacy of body horror from Cronenberg. From the very scene of the film, the subtle body horror factor dominates the plot.
3) Barry Keoghan as Martin – the most punchable face in the town.
4) Screenplay – it’s shocking that the movie is not even nominated for any Golden Globe or BAFTA award for at least this category.
1) Being a fantasy horror film, many questions are left unanswered like how Martin’s curse was actually working.
Kim Murphy: Can I have your MP3 player when you are dead?