STORY – 1
DIRECTOR – 0
ACTOR – 0
MUSIC – 0
CULT – 0
VERDICT – 1/5
1) An insurance lawyer sent to Berlin to negotiate with the Soviet Union to release a U.S. Air Force pilot in exchange for a Soviet KGB spy. The story from Coen Brothers sounds promising but there not much meat onto it.
2) Janusz Kamiński’s cinematography with some good wide-angle shots is the only saving grace for this movie.
3) The final scene at the Glienicke Bridge.
1) Predictable twist and thrills. Anyone interested should watch the 2 minutes trailer and save himself from the ordeal.
2) This movie is a definitive Steven Spielberg’s Oscar bait with Tom Hanks. Another run-of-the-mill period drama.
3) Weak supporting cast. Even Mark Rylance’s performance as Rudolf Abel is overrated.
4) Tediously long with 141 minutes running time.